Why Food Aid Matters
Looking Ahead: Upcoming Challenges for the Food Aid Agenda
- Protracted Refugee Situations. https://www.state.gov/j/prm/policyissues/issues/protracted/.Accessed September 20, 2017.
- Nino FS. Sustainable development goals - United Nations. United Nations Sustainable Development. http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/. Accessed September 20, 2017.
- Gottlieb GC. Statement by Gregory C. Gottlieb Acting Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance, U.S. Agency for International Development Before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. March 2017.
- The State of Food Insecurity in the World. FAO of the United States, International Fund for Agricultural Development, WFP; 2015.
- Levels and Trends in Child Malnutrition: Joint Child Malnutrition Estimates. UNICEF, WHO, World Bank Group ; 2017.
- World Food Assistance 2017: Taking Stock and Looking Ahead. WFP; 2017. https://docs.wfp.org/api/documents/WFP-0000019564/download/?_ga=2.24095484.772294486.1505415975-1086154699.1492694803.
Achievements and Impacts
Addressing Food Aid Quality
Successes: Impact Through Streamlined Food Assistance Programs
Far-reaching Sustainable Impacts
- Webb, P., B. Rogers, I. Rosenberg, N. Schlossman, C. Wanke, J. Bagriansky, K. Sadler, Q. Johnson, J. Tilahun, A. Reese Masterson, A. Narayan. 2011. Delivering Improved Nutrition: Recommendations for Changes to U.S. Food Aid Products and Programs. Boston, MA: Tufts University.
Field research and industry innovations are needed to allow the U.S. Government to respond more effectively to the world’s food aid needs. Everything from designing and packaging food aid products to delivering them to beneficiaries must be based on evidence of what works and what can be improved.