The Cost-Effectiveness work stream’s main objective is to maximize value for money through translation of cost-effectiveness evidence for use in food assistance policy and programming. In particular, it focuses on 1) developing Food Assistance Cost-Effectiveness Tool (FACET), an interactive application for decision support in programming specialized nutritious foods; 2) conducting cost-effectiveness research and interpreting cost-effectiveness analysis results in conjunction with the FAQR Field Research work stream.
The FAQR Cost-Effectiveness Work Stream aims to:
1) Food Assistance Cost-Effectiveness Tool (FACET) for Decision Support in Programming Specialized Nutritious Foods (SNFs):
Recognizing the operational gap to incorporate a cost-effectiveness objective into the complex and ongoing decision-making around programming specialized nutritious foods (SNFs), the FAQR team developed the Food Assistance Cost-Effectiveness Tool (FACET).
FACET is a tool application with an interactive interface. The tool’s framework guides user inputs through three categories of parameters: program specifics, cost components, and nutrition impact measures. Based on these user inputs, FACET calculates a list of cost, cost-effectiveness, and other purpose-specific indicators to inform users of the effects of their choices on the overall cost and cost-effectiveness of the intended program. For each parameter, FACET allows the flexibility to customize user input, while referencing existing data, relevant guidance, and literature evidence via interactive texts and visualizations. Each set of choices can be saved as a scenario, and all saved scenarios can then be compared online or be exported into an excel table.
2) Cost-Effectiveness Research in Conjunction with the FAQR Field Research Work Stream:
Please check out the FAQR Field Research for more details.
- Food Assistance Cost-Effectiveness Tool (FACET) Brief
- Project Year 4 Cost-Effectiveness Work Stream Concept Note
- Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness of Four Specialized Foods for Treatment of MAM: Field Research in Sierra Leone Summary
- Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness of Four Specialized Foods for Prevention of Stunting and Wasting: Field Research in Burkina Faso Summary
Questions about this work stream?
There are no resources to display that match the given criteria.