Food Aid Packaging Solutions
The Food Aid Packaging Solutions work stream reviews current food aid packaging technologies and researches potential alternatives to improve cost-effectiveness and better preserve food aid products throughout the supply chain and shelf life.
*Note: The Food Aid Packaging Solutions work stream activities concluded January 31, 2019, with the close of FAQR Phase III Project Year 3.
The Food Aid Packaging team aims to:
FAQR’s activities around food aid packaging aim to address current challenges associated with packaging and to identify the most appropriate, cost-effective packaging technologies to be used to optimize preservation of the food aid products throughout the supply chain and shelf life. Packaging solutions are identified in consultation with food aid suppliers, packaging suppliers, transporters, program implementers and government agencies. FAQR seeks to identify potential for improvement in the following areas:
- Vegetable oil cans and plugs resistance to leakage
- Packaging size optimization and harmonization
- Protection against infestation and mold contamination
- Tear resistance of 25-kg and 50-kg bags
- Distribution efficiency
- Shelf life extension (oxidation prevention and nutrient retention)
- Environmental impact
- Packaging as a vehicle for communication
- Food Protection Packaging Summary
Questions about this work stream?
Contact us at email@example.com